Your career in the supply chain gets off to a flying start at Districon. Not only because of the challenging assignments in, for example, city logistics, air cargo or in the field of sustainability. But also because in the Young Talent Program, you will be fully involved in projects from day one. Every six months you will face a new challenge in the field of warehousing, supply chain management, urban mobility and the development of ZE zones or sales & operations. You’ll work in a team with a mix of experienced consultants and experts in various disciplines. Consultant Julia van Dorsten, for example, worked on the layout of warehouses for an electrical wholesaler and improved the inventory strategy for a water company. Lennart Eringfeld enjoys solving logistical problems in the transport sector, with the help of data based on his studies in Technical Business Administration.
As a Young Supply Chain Professional, you will use your talents for projects such as:
- reducing the percentage of damaged bouquets during transport for an online supplier of flowers
- conducting market research into the sustainability policy of municipalities with regard to transport and logistics
- developing a commercial plan for building new distribution centers for a large retailer
- creating a planning tool for the most efficient supply of sports products in a distribution center or for glasses in the shops of an eyewear supplier
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations worldwide on developing strategies and solving problems for integral chain management. How can things be even more efficient and sustainable? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Maarssen, Singapore and Chicago.
Our attractive office in Maarssen is the base camp from which we serve our clients as best as possible. Right next to the A2 motorway, so easy to reach. Do you travel by public transport? Maarssen station is only a 15-minute walk away.
You keep going until you find the right solution. You are flexible, enjoy variety and ask your colleague for advice when things are not working out. The consultants are eager to help you: your development is our priority. You are ambitious, analytically strong and with your inquisitive mind you always get to the core of an issue. Because you serve international customers, it may happen that you visit your customer abroad. And you like doing that. You communicate clearly, always looking at things from the other side and respond accordingly.
As a Young Supply Chain Professional, you will bring along the following as a basis:
- a completed university education in Supply Chain Management, (Technical) Business Administration, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering or Global Sustainability Science
- some work experience in logistics or consultancy, gained during or after your studies
- excellent knowledge of both Dutch and English
What can you expect from us?
Plenty of dynamics at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which you can participate and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We combine hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- a competitive salary with good career opportunities
- participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- a well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- a well-facilitated home workplace
- a personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- an excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
The Young Talent Program is part of the development program Expedition Districon. You will have a weekly training day with all Young Supply Chain Professionals. Your personal development is central during these days: how do you use your skills effectively? But you will also learn everything about interpreting logistical data and the right tactics for working out challenging supply chain cases.
Want to apply?
Have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Then mail your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive our response within 3 days.
If you have any questions about our vacancy Young Supply Chain Professional, please feel free to ask Erwin Faber at 06 31 77 19 86 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in response to this vacancy.